Receptive Language Disorders
Does your child have trouble speaking or writing? Does it appear that your child is having issues conveying their thoughts in writing or speech?
There is no standard set of symptoms for receptive language disorder, however, some symptoms include:
- not seeming to listen when they are spoken to
- appearing to lack interest when storybooks are read to them
- difficulty understanding the meaning of words and sentences
- difficulty remembering all the words in a sentence in order to make sense of what has been said
- inability to understand complicated sentences
- inability to follow verbal instructions; especially if the instruction is long or complicated.
If you find your child is having difficulty with any of the above, please call us today. Receptive Language disorders are treatable.